User CP Register FAQ green-end
    black-end2

Wolf Pack Car Club Forum > Announcements > Announcements

Old 11-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
MadMatt
WPCC Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to MadMatt
Half Way Around The World In A Car No One Wants

Steve Malarsky (Silentnoise) and Jeff Perron (fallen_Angel) are planing a trip that will have them driving 1/3 of the way around the planet in a car that no one would want, in a "race" called the Mongol Rally.

Why is this front page news your ask? Because these two Wolf Pack members need donations. They are looking for bottles to collect so they can turn them in for money. With everyone's downtime now I'm sure we all have a few to give on behalf of Wolf Pack. As an added bonus we might even be able to get a Wolf Pack logo on a car that's half way around the world. Plus some really cool pictures of locals near the logo itself.

So if you have any bottle's to give please post here so that we can get you in contact with these two village idiots and help them provide us with some great entertainment next year.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

For more information on their planned excursion please visit their website.
http://www.dirtycanadians.org/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc screen.jpg
Views:	24593
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	4444  

88 GT: Just a few bolt-ons
MadMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Outlaw
WPCC Founding Father

Send a message via MSN to Outlaw
Re: Half Way Around The World In A Car No One Wants

I've got some Bottles for sure.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
SilentNoise

Village Idiot #1 checking in! LOL

Wow. Thanks for the plug guys!... especially with both of us being so MIA this year. We'll gladly sport a WP logo as we plow through Iran and a bunch of Soviet satellite countries

Yup, it's true, this is actually happening. About 400 teams, 16,000km in a roughly a month, using a 1.2L car that's 10 years old or less, from the south of England to the capital of Mongolia, across 18 countries, 5 mountain ranges and 3 deserts. GPS is not allowed, there's no pre-planned route to follow, no rescue units, and because there's no prize for finishing first for last, you help your fellow rally teams along the way because chances are that you'll need their help sometime in return.

To add to Matt's comments, all money being raised is going to charity.
Leading up to the launch we have to raise a minimum 1000(GBP) with half going to the rally's official charity, the Christina Nobel Childrens Foundation, an organization that helps disadvantaged Mongolian children get off the street, get fed, get an education and more. The other half will be going to our chosen charity, the Alberta Cancer Foundation. With my dad and grandpa, and Jeff's wife Cyndi being cancer survivors, as well as Parslow's grandma having passed away a few years ago, this really was a no-brainer. In the 5 years the Mongol Rally's been happening, over 1.5million has been raised and donated!

As a token of our appreciation for those who donate $30 or more, you'll receive a copy of the movie I plan to put together after coming home. The plan is to buy a new video camera (not with donations of course) and we'll be filming and photographing pretty much everything as we go.

As Matt says, we are doing a bottle drive and we'll gladly come get 'em if you're in the Edmonton area (my number's changed recently: 780-667-8348), but cash always works too! Check out the Charities page on our site if you're game for that.

I know this has been long, but we're pretty excited and there's so much to it. If you have questions, fire away. For our full route, places of interest, some cool videos from past teams, updates while we're on the road and more, see our site.

Last edited by SilentNoise; 11-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
MadMatt
WPCC Staff Member

Send a message via MSN to MadMatt

Scott and I also have a bunch of bottles and cans you could come and grab any time.

88 GT: Just a few bolt-ons
MadMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
SilentNoise

Good to hear guys. Huge thanks for that
(No one other than a bum has been so excited about finding bottles before, right? Haha)

Things are hairy this weekend for both of us as long as the weather gets better like they say, and then I'm working nights next week (not sure what Jeff's plans are like), but I'll get a hold of you soon. It's been a while.

EDIT: added a new update to our site to show some love

Last edited by SilentNoise; 11-24-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
younggun
\_(ツ)_/

When I get my cutting computer up and running I could cut some custom decals aswell for your car. Steve make a design and send it to me.

04 Hellion turbo Cobra - 740 rwhp/754 rwtq
10.98 @ 127 on the baby whipple.
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
SilentNoise

Wicked. Thanks man. I was actually gonna bug you about a couple of windshield banners as we get closer....... don't know if you've got a company logo or something you'd want to toss on the car for doing them (picture of you giving the thumbs up?), but we want to show off our sponsors that have helped us out along the way.

The plan was to also grab a 2'x1' sheet of white from somewhere that we could collect the signatures of everyone that's donated. That way we can slap it on the car and take everyone with us.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
DrAnthony
Walmart People Greeter

I'll hold onto mine for you.
I may have a big garbage bag full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNoise View Post
All gayness aside, Tony is an attractive looking guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNoise View Post
Oh there's no denying that I live in millwoods
DrAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
ILW84U
Loving the new ride.

Shit. I just took all my bottles in a couple of weeks ago but I will make a cash donation to the cause.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
SilentNoise

One thing that annoys both of us about this trip is that we're going to be on the German Autobahn with a stupidly small, 80hp car that's SEVERELY loaded down..... DAMN IT!

With that said though, we'll easily forget about the Autobahn once we hit Romania and start to hunt down the real Dracula's Castle (none of that fake movie castle crap with a gift shop), because to get there we'll be taking on the Transfăgărăşan Highway. For Top Gear fans, the boys did it back in Season 14 and quickly labeled it the best road in the world. Sure it won't be the same as tearing through it in a Lambo, Ferrari or Aston, but it'll definitely be highlight.... now if only we can find the legendary Dacia Sandero!

Jump to 11:43 for the highway part
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	highwaypic1.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	4452   Click image for larger version

Name:	highwaypic2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	4453  

Last edited by SilentNoise; 11-25-2010 at 09:13 AM.